【23xiu.com-爱上秀-教育信息门户网】
This poor man is from Chu。He is reading a book about science。A friend is walking by。
这个可怜的汉子来自楚国,他在读一本科学书。一位朋友从旁走过。
Friend: Hi, what are you doing?
朋友:喂,你在干嘛呢?
Man of Chu: I’m reading Huai Nan Zi。It is about an insect called mantis。
楚人:我在读《淮南子》,里面讲昆虫与螳螂。
Friend: I know about the mantis。The mantis eats small insects!
朋友:我知道螳螂,螳螂吃小昆虫。
Man of Chu: Yes, it does。But how does it catch the small insects?
楚人:是的,是这样的。但它怎样捕捉小昆虫呢?
Friend: I don’t know。
朋友:我不知道。
Man of Chu: It holds a leaf in front of its body。Then it is invisible!The insects can’t see it!
楚人:它把一片叶子放在身体前面,这样,它隐蔽起来了,昆虫就看不见它了。
Friend: Really? That’s very interesting。
朋友:真的吗?那倒是挺有趣的。
Man of Chu: I’m going to try it。
楚人:我也想试一下。
Friend: Really?
朋友:能行吗?
Man of Chu: I’m going to find the right leaf!
楚人:我去寻找合适的叶子!
Friend: Good luck!Bye!
朋友:祝你好运,再见!
(楚人采集了许多叶子,带回家后,见到他的妻子。)
Man of Chu: Can you see me?
楚人:你能看见我吗?
Wife: Yes, I can。
妻子:是的,我能。
(楚人用一片叶子当在他的前面。)
Man of Chu: Can you see me now?
楚人:你现在能看见我吗?
Wife: Yes, I can。
妻子:是的,我能。
(楚人先后换了成百片叶子,妻子已经十分厌烦了。)
Man of Chu: Can you see me now?
楚人:你现在能看见我吗?
Wife: What? No。 I can’t see you now。
妻子:什么?不,我现在看不见你了。
(楚人拿着选好的那片叶子来到市场。)
Man: Don’t take my chicken!
男人:别拿我的鸡!
Woman: You’re stealing my rice!
女人:你在偷我的米!
Man of Chu: But you can’t see me!I’m invisible!
楚人:但是你们看不见我呀,我被遮住了。
All: Of course we can see you, you bad man!
男人女人们:我们当然能看见你,你这个坏家伙!